Enhance Your Flooring with QuietWalk
QuietWalk Underlay is a quality certified underlayment, designed for use alongside SPC-Lux Flooring although also compatible with Laminate, Rigid Core Vinyl (5mm or Thicker), LVT (5mm / Thicker), and Floating Engineered Wood. Suitable over both Concrete or Wood Subfloors.
It has been designed to enable your floor to handle real everyday life; from spills to heavy footfall areas – QuietWalk has you covered. It allows your SPC-Lux Flooring to look beautiful and maintain its showroom quality.
Recycled Filaments Fibres
- The recycled filament fibers support the SPC-Lux click mechanism. QuietWalk smooths our imperfections, as whilst it is firm, it is also flexible enough to form around any subfloor roughness. It’s dense, which supports the click mechanism of SPC-Lux and will uphold its support, even with continual heavy footfall.
- Its fiber construction absorbs and controls sound, so manages the sound and reduces the transmitted unwanted noises.
- QuietWalk protects from moisture and acts as a vapour barrier, by attacking subfloor moisture. It disperses it throughout the pad, to draw it up and away. This process is called DriWick Technology, which promotes moisture dissipation, allowing it to evaporate. It is also compression resistant and environmentally friendly too!
QuietWalk Underlay VS EcoTec Floor Foam Insulation
QuietWalk is specifically designed for those of you who have or are looking to install in-floor heating systems, alongside your SPC-Lux Flooring. This is because QuietWalk allows heat from your underflooring heating system to permeate into the room above. At the same time, it protects the SPC-Lux Flooring from thermal shock – so is an approved product for this application.
EcoTec Floor Foam Insulation should be used if you are not installing an underfloor heating system. EcoTec Floor Foam Insulation acts as a barrier between your home and the external temperature. It prevents cold bridging from below into the room above. At the same time, it improves your energy retention, rather than allowing it to escape.
If you have any queries relating to this product, please feel free to submit an enquiry and we will be happy to assist you.
Spend £500 + VAT and Choose a FREE GIFT at the checkout!
Free Gifts Include: Thermaseal Foil Joining Tape, Heavy Duty Staple Gun Kit, Multifoil Insulation Scissors or Thermaseal Double Sided Tape.
Which Underlayment Should You Choose?
If you are installing underfloor heating you should install our QuietWalk Underlayment. If you do not intend to install underfloor heating, you should use EcoTec Floor Foam Insulation.
Why would you choose EcoTec Floor Foam over QuietWalk?
EcoTec Floor Foam Insulation acts as a barrier between your home and the external temperature. It prevents cold bridging from below into the room above. At the same time, it improves your energy retention, rather than allowing it to escape.
Why would you choose QuietWalk over EcoTec Floor Foam?
For those of you who have installed or plan to install underfloor heating – you want to feel the benefits opposed to blocking the heat, so you need an underlay that allows the heat to pass through the underlay - which is Quietwalk.
What are the approved subfloors, for QuietWalk?
Wood, Concrete, Gypsum Concrete, Cement Backer Units.
SPC-Lux Flooring, Laminate Flooring, Floating Engineered Wood.
IIC : 71 STC Sound Rating: 66 Delta IIC Sound Rating: 24
Moisture Emissions Protection
5 lbs per 1,000 sq ft per day
Water Vapor Transmission Rate
1.4 lbs per 1,000 sq ft every 24 hours
How to Install?
Roll out the underlayment, vapour barrier side up. Butt the seams together and leave a gap of 1/2” to 3/4” from the wall. Seal the quietwalk up with the foil joining tape provided and follow with the SPC-Lux Flooring.
|Roll Size (ft)||3ft x 33.3ft|
|Roll Size (m2)||0.929m x 10m|
|Guarantee||10 Year Guarantee|
|Volatile Organic Chemical Free?||Yes|
|Damp Proof Membrane?||Yes|
|ΔLw (db) sound reduction 20||20|
|Sound Transmission Class||66|
|Impact Insulation Class||71|
- Product Code: QW100B1LT
- Absorbs Sound
- Acts as a Vapour Barrier
- Allows heat from your underfloor heating system to permeate
- Supports the ‘Click’ system on the SPC-Lux Flooring
- Environmental Benefits – Patented Recycled Structure
- Inhibits mold and mildew
- Does not release harmful VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- Thermal Benefits – Provides additional comfort to the entire home during seasonal temperature changes
- Can be installed beneith SPC-Lux Flooring, Laminate, Floating
- NALFA Quality Certified Underlayment
Downloads & Resources
picture_as_pdf Data Sheets