EcoTec Ducting Insulation Kit – The benefits…
EcoTec Ducting Insulation Kit – The benefits… You may not be familiar with the terminology, ductwork, but you will most definitely have seen ductwork in action, even in your own home. Ductwork simply means a system of ducts and pipes that help pass heated or cooled air through different parts of your living or working space, to make the temperature comfortable for you.
Does ductwork need to be insulated?
The short answer is that yes, it is preferable to have ducting insulation, and here is why…
Ducting insulation ensures that air will not be cooled or warmed as it travels through the system. When air is lost, or “leaks,” it increases the amount of energy needed to maintain comfort. In addition, the increased workload will hasten the wear and tear on your heating system. If ductwork is not properly insulated, as much as 30 percent of the energy used to maintain the indoor temperature is lost. By installing high-quality ductwork insulation, you will save money, protect the environment, and avoid problems like air leaks, temperature drops, and condensation buildup.
But we have addressed the ductwork needs of both homeowners and business owners by creating a kit that contains everything you need to ensure any exposed ductwork will be as energy efficient as possible thanks to our EcoTec Ducting Insulation Kit.
The kit aims to:
- Improve Energy Efficiency: Ensures the air transported is consistent so can reduce the amount of energy needed to heat/cool a property.
- Improve the Quality of the Air – by reducing contamination.
- Prevent Condensation- stops cold air from coming into contact with the warm ducting and vice versa, depending on the purpose.
- Prolong the lifespan of the heating system, by reducing stress from leaks and temperature drops.
The EcoTec Ducting Insulation Kit is a simple and affordable method of ducting insulation, regardless of whether they are located inside or outside of a building. Your Heating system’s efficiency will improve after installation, cutting your energy bills. We’ve developed a method of reflecting insulation that should mitigate temperature swings. It will assist keep warm air from escaping ventilation systems and cool air from AC units. The EcoTec Ducting Kit uses True Aluminium Foil sandwiched between two bubble membranes filled with air. The outside layer of aluminium will deflect cold air, and the inner layer will keep the air warm inside the ductwork. The thinness of this insulation (only 4 mm) makes it ideal for use in confined locations.
Key Features of our EcoTec Ducting Insulation Kit include…
- Only 4mm thick
- Maintains a comfortable temperature
- Prevents the formation of condensation
- Lower Carbon Footprint
- Strong Double Sided Tape Included
- True Aluminium Foil on Either Side
- UK Manufactured
- Low Cost
- Instant Energy Saving
- Suitable for all heating systems
- Easy To Install
- Insulating Air Bubble Membrane
- Risk of Condensation is Reduced
PLUS the kit is so easy to set up that a professional installation is unnecessary and because it lacks irritating or dangerous fibres, no protective gear is required during installation.
What is its R-Value?
R-Value up to 1.46 m²K/W
How does this compare to mineral fibre insulation?
It is equivalent to 65mm of mineral fibre insulation. Yet, only 4mm thick.
Where is this manufactured?
It is manufactured an hour away from our distribution unit here in the UK.
What’s included in the EcoTec Ducting Insulation Kit?
This kit comes in two different sizes for all project types:
- 400mm x 15m roll of insulation and one roll of ThermaSeal Double Sided Tape 50mm x 33mm
- 1200mm x 25m roll of insulation and two rolls of ThermaSeal Double Sided Tape 50mm x 33mm
Order and delivery Information…
What are your shipping charges?
- All Orders are delivered free of the carriage when spending over £100 + VAT
- Carriage for UK Mainland orders under £100 (Ex VAT) will incur a charge of £8 (Ex VAT).
- UK Offshore (excluding Northern Ireland) and Highlands orders would be charged at £14+Vat per item.
** For delivering into Europe, please get in touch, as this will be quoted per individual job **
How can I ensure next working day delivery for my order?
The daily cutoff time for Next Working Day Delivery is 2 pm. Deliveries placed on Fridays after 2 pm (except bank holiday weekends) will be made the following Tuesday.
You can also refer to our excellent Trustpilot reviews, to see that all of our insulation products receive five-star feedback consistently <<take a look>>.
Take a look at our Instagram @ecohome_insulation