New Product – Breathe-R Insulating Membrane
New Product – Breathe-R Insulating Membrane. The average UK house loses 25% of its heat through its roof, so why install a standard breather membrane when you can insulate at the same time?
The current building standards say that roofing rafters should be covered with a suitable membrane. This is done to make sure the roof doesn’t leak and can breathe. Standard breather membranes have little effect on heat transfer. So, if you need a roof for your project, Breathe-R is your best option. It combines the benefits of a breather membrane with the added benefits of thermal performance. Breathe-R is a variety of roofing membranes that are quick and easy to put in place and have a good thermal performance.
Breathe-R is a two-in-one membrane for pitched roofs that lets air in and reflects light. It is quick and easy to install and has a high thermal performance. Breathe-R has two layers and is also just 2 mm thick. As the outside layer, a high-performance, and long-lasting roofing membrane were used. Its extremely effective inner layer is made of highly reflective insulation-grade aluminium foil that is entirely perforated to let moisture go freely from the inside to the outside.
This product can be used on pitched roofs and has the following big advantages:
- R-Value of 0.450 m²K/W, equivalent to 20 mm of Mineral Wool Insulation.
- Up to 39% reduction in heat loss, saving you money on your energy bills.
- Low vapour resistant (good at allowing moisture to pass)
- Suitable for Pitched Roofs.
- Polyester Wadding contains 70% recycled material.
- Built-in double-sided self-adhesive tape for ease of installation.
- Flexible, lightweight, and easy to install.
- Eliminates condensation, by allowing moisture to pass through the membrane.
- Unique overlapping method, totally removes the risk of thermal bridging.
- Made in Britain.
Breathe-R Foil is made to replace a normal roof membrane and keep your roof warm at the same time. It also had additional thermal performance to the properties of a felt that lets air pass through.
Why put in a regular breather membrane if you can also insulate?
- Dual-purpose 2-in-1 insulating and breathable roofing membrane
- CE Marked to BS EN 13859-1: 2014
- Effectively reflects heat into the room, whilst allowing moisture to pass through
- Suitable for all zones 1-5 in the UK
- Low vapour-resistant breather membrane (LR)
- Zero fibres remove the need for PPE
- Excellent tensile and tear resistance strength
- Built in double sided tape
- 2 layer build-up & only 2mm thick
- Equivalent to 20mm of polystyrene.
Breathe-R is a roofing membrane that is quick and easy to put in place:
Breathe-R’s unique composition makes your roof more thermally efficient by reflecting radiant heat into the building, especially in the winter. It also keeps your roof airtight, and water-resistant (W1 certified), and lets natural moisture escape all year round.
Eliminates condensation, allowing moisture to pass through the membrane.
High Thermal Value
R-Value of (0.450 m2 K/W) Equivalent to 20mm of EPS insulation.
Quick & Easy
Flexible and easy to install, saving you time.
39% reduction in heat loss, saving you money on your energy bills.
- Start at the bottom of the roof by rolling across the Rafters, Install the next layer over lapping it by 100mm.
- Staple at regular intervals (approx. every 300mm), a minimum of 10mm stainless steel or galvanized staples are recommended.
- Breathe-R can be cut using a craft knife or sharp pair of scissors.
- When you reach the end of the roll, cut the product so that it finishes in the middle of the last rafter & staple. Begin the next roll from this rafter, by butt-jointing it to the end of the first roll and staple it in place. Using our YBS 75mm waterproof tape, tape over the joint and ensure it is fully sealed.
- Fold the second rollback (100mm), remove the easy peel backing from the double-sided tape, and secure it in place by applying pressure.
A roll of Breathe-R Foil 2 in 1 Insulation and Membrane is 1.2m x 25m which covers a 30m2 area.
Orders placed before 2 pm and you’ll receive FREE next working day delivery (UK Mainland) PLUS if spending over £500 + Vat we also supply you with a Free Heavy Duty Staple Gun and 5,000 14mm Staples!
Are you looking for a breathable Multifoil with higher thermal properties? Check out YBS BreatherQuilt.
New Product – Breathe-R Insulating Membrane